Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Which Country is American Idol From?


Imagine the pomegranate. Picture the countless seeds that this wondrous fruit bares as a symbol for all the great country tunes in the American music archives. Why did the top 9 American Idols only scratch the surface of the country music genre tonight? Maybe because this week's guest was a real jack ass, Kenny Rogers.

Everybody is entitled to my opinion.
Usually I would have a picture of the American Idol Contestants here, but today I decided to show pictures of my favorite country music players instead. Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, and Willie Nelson.










Top performers on American Idol tonite according to PlusUltra:
1.Bucky Covington - I still could not understand a word he sang, but that's ah-ite, (I love Bob Dylan). Bucky wears a cow-boy hat even when it is not country theme night so it is not surprising he was best performer on this evening's episode.
2. Kelly Pickler - The other American Idol country singer did well tonight also, although I preferred her Patsy Cline cover of Walkin' after Midnight in a previous episode.
3. Paris Bennet - I don't think I want to see her as a country singer, but she never disappoints me with her voice.
5. Chris Daugherty showed us he can do something other than cheese-ball hard rock numbers
4. Elliot Yamin - Not bad
6. Taylor Hicks - Not good
7. Mandissa - Worse
8.Ace Young - Corny
9. Going Home - Katherine Mcphee
Who do you think is going home tomorrow?

3 comments:

.- said...

dude
never have seen the show you refer to
but LOVE cash, hank and willie

Its Me! said...

There's no doubt these guys all need work! Not a Johnny Cash in the bunch by a long shot! (Isn't "Hurt" his best!!) Can't say I think Katherine's going home though. Taylor bombed but still has lots of potential, I think. See ya, Ace. Go flash those peepers elsewhere....

Yash said...

Hey thanks a lot for linking to my blog.